If you work for a NetHope Member organization, head on over to the NetHope NetWork and create a User account. There you will gain access to Member exclusives including Chapter meetings, Member-only webinars, and so much more!
For the Public
Most NetHope webinars are open to the public and allow our Members to share case studies and best practices, partners the chance to share their solutions, and subject matter experts to present on IT solution-related topics. Check out our Fact Sheet on NetHope Solutions Center Webinars here!
Sign up for our mailing list, and don't miss out on upcoming NetHope Webinars. View the upcoming Webinars, Events, Chapter Meetings, Trainings, etc. on the NetHope Calendar.
Check out the Annual NetHope Global Summit site, and read all about it on our blog!
Should you have a solution, a case study or story to tell, check out our webinar process below, and submit your ideas by using this form.
NetHope Solutions Center webinars can be open to the public or privately presented to NetHope Members only. Webinars enable corporate partners to share their solutions; NetHope Members to share case studies and best practices; and subject matter experts to present on solution-related topics. We do these as online Zoom webinars and follow the process described below.
1) Pick a suitable date & time
Webinars are scheduled on Tuesdays or Thursdays at 8AM PT | 11AM ET | 17:00 CET for maximum attendance across the globe. Sessions run for 60 minutes.
Owner: Joint between Presenter(s) and NetHope Program Director
2) Generate a session abstract, collect required materials, and buy-ins
Session abstracts should be submitted to NetHope no later than three weeks before the selected webinar date.
- As a rule, co-presenting with a nonprofit or NGO is required: Learning about the effect digital technologies have on our sector is of utmost importance. Only when appropriate will exceptions may be made.
- The abstract should stress how the topic is particularly relevant to the nonprofit community and their work in emergency response, humanitarian aid, economic development, conservation, etc.
- Presentation of a case study is required for corporate partners who co-present with nonprofits involved in global development, humanitarian work or conservation.
Required materials from presenters:
- Buy-in from the Communications team(s) of the Presenting organization(s) that marketing and promotions of the webinar will take place through social media channels and/or mailing lists.
- Session abstract/description (NOTE: Title of webinar cannot exceed 79 characters including spaces).
- Graphic images and/or photographs with permission for use in promotional materials.
- Profile pics of presenters (these will be thumbnail size in the invitations)
3) Determine webinar target audience
A NetHope Solutions Center webinar can be open to the public or limited to a NetHope member audience only.
- For public webinars, both NetHope internal member communications as well as external outreach will be sent to the entire NetHope Solutions Center mailing list. We will also encourage presenters to reach out to their own networks.
- Should a presenter choose to hold a private NetHope member-only webinar, NetHope will facilitate all webinar invitations, and the listing on the NetHope Solutions Center will be restricted (viewable only by NetHope members).
Owner: Joint between Presenter(s) & NetHope Program Director
4) Send webinar invitation
- A meeting invitation containing the session abstract/description and webinar connection details will be sent to NetHope member contacts and other NetHope Program Directors at least two weeks before the session. They in turn will forward the invitation to appropriate personnel based on the topic.
- If the webinar is public, webinar details are posted to the NetHope Solutions Center webinar listings and presenters are encouraged to forward webinar details
- The NetHope Solutions Center editorial team will also prepare and provide a package of marketing materials (including suggested social media messages and graphics) to help presenters and others promote the session.
Owner: NetHope Program Director/NetHope Solutions Center editorial team/Presenter(s)
5) Prepare content for the webinar
- Content for the webinar can be in the form of PowerPoint slides (no builds or animation please) and any demonstration desirable (even video can be accommodated).
- We prefer to have this collateral available three days before the webinar for review and to use during the webinar practice session.
Optional attendee polls can be accommodated:
- Please submit questions and multiple-choice answers three days ahead of the scheduled webinar.
- The final poll will be tested in the webinar practice session.
6) Webinar practice session
A webinar practice session will be scheduled a day or two before the webinar to make sure we do not run into any last-minute issues with audio or any of the presentation materials. All presenters and panelists will need to be available for this practice session. A calendar invitation will be sent to all attendees by the NetHope Program Director.
Owner: Joint between Presenter(s) & NetHope Program Director
7) During the webinar
The NetHope Program Director will act as the host for the webinar. The Program Director will welcome all attendees, review housekeeping rules and monitor the session for questions. We will defer to the presenter’s preference on the level of attendee interaction during the webinar: i.e., hold questions to the end or address them as they come up.
- All webinar sessions will be recorded, and the recording will be uploaded to YouTube and embedded on the webinar landing page at the NetHope Solutions Center. Member-only webinars will be embedded securely from Box and require a NetHope Member login to view the recording.
- A webinar satisfaction survey is offered to all attendees during the closing minutes of the webinar. Results are saved and will be provided to presenters after the webinar.
- After concluding the webinar, the NetHope Program Director will generate a separate chat and Q&A log from the attendee interaction.
Owner: Presenter(s) & NetHope Program Director
8) After the webinar
The NetHope Program Director will generate a separate document containing chat and Q&A logs from the attendee interaction.
- The Q&A document, webinar recording, and any materials presented will be posted to the NetHope Solutions Center. Member-only webinars will require a NetHope Member login to view the webinar landing page, posted resources, and recording.
- Attendee data will be shared with presenters (number of attendees, names and organization names only) together with results of the webinar satisfaction survey.
- Immediately following and about 2 weeks after the webinar, “In Case You Missed It” social media promotions will go out promoting the webinar recording, and any resources that were shared, including the presentation slides.
- Presenters are encouraged to provide input as to any specific messaging they would like to see around this.
- Any images (photography, appropriate graphics, etc.) that can be used as promotional materials can be forwarded for use by NetHope Solutions Center staff.
Owner: NetHope Program Director/Presenter(s)/NetHope Solutions Center editorial team
We strongly encourage presenters to consider providing content to the NetHope Solutions Center. Blog entries and/or case studies could be generated from existing collateral or authored specifically for publication. If content references how NetHope members have benefitted, the NetHope Solutions Center editorial team would be happy to help write the content.
Owner: Presenter(s)/NetHope Solutions Center editorial team