The GSMA mWomen Programme aims to accelerate the use of mobile technology to achieve positive social and economic outcomes for resource-poor women, encouraging an industry shift towards investing in women and promoting solutions -- as well as the availability -- of life-enhancing value-added services for women.
The GSMA mWomen Innovation Fund grants for Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) are now available. This round of grants is dedicated to NGOs (including social enterprises), working in partnership with mobile network operators. Its objectives are to:
- provide seed funding to support the design and launch of innovative products, services, marketing approaches and distribution mechanisms aimed at increasing women’s access to mobile and use of life-enhancing mobile services;
- generate lessons and models of success which can be shared with the wider development community and the mobile industry; and
- stimulate productive partnerships between NGOs and mobile network operators.
Please note that this round of grants is open only to NGOs. The next round of grants for mobile network operators will be launched in the second half of 2013.
Find several tools on the mWomen Programme site to help you begin the application process, including:
- an overview of the Innovation Fund, including objectives, the definition of success, geographic focus, submission deadlines for this round and more;
- a term sheet containing greater detail to help you decide whether to apply and to help prepare your concept note; and
- a concept note template for you to prepare as the first step of the application process.
Please note the two step, competitive process and key dates ahead:
- a four-page concept note, using the attached template, is due Wednesday, June 12; and
- based on this submission, eligible applicants will be invited to prepare a full application, due Friday, August 16.
To help you prepare your submissions, the GSMA mWomen team offers the following services:
- A team is ready to provide feedback and advice for all interested applicants. Please contact mWomengrants@gsma.com if you would like to schedule a call to discuss your ideas for the concept note.
- A webinar will be held Tuesday, May 7 from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM (BST), and again from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM UK time (BST) for those who cannot make the morning session. The webinar will feature an overview of the Innovation Fund objectives and terms, as well as practical advice for preparing a competitive application and an opportunity to ask questions. Register for the webinar here:
Please contact mWomengrants@gsma.com if you intend to submit a concept note, or with any questions you may have.